Halloween Spooky Spinner for the Interactive Whiteboard Download
Happy Everyday English Halloween Themed Game Spinner
Halloween Spinner Game for Teachers
This is the Hallowheel - a spooky Halloween theme that you can use in your ESL classes. This free interactive whiteboard game has two game modes - a team mode and a trick or treat mode.
To use this spinner, just load it up. The spinner is its own application that you don't need to install and can be run from your USB drive. Unfortunately, it only works on Windows PC computers (no Mac IOS, sorry).
The spinner is super simple to use and I break down both modes for you down below.
Become a Patron today
Enjoy the content I make? Why not become a patron on Patreon! You get loads of cool bonuses and access to EVEN MORE content (and earlier) for the low low cost of a oh so good cup of coffee. Mmm. Coffee.
Mode 1: Team Versus
In team mode, two to four teams of students compete to earn the most points by answering your questions and spinning the wheel. Here's how to play:
1. On the title screen, choose how many teams will play and then click the start button.
2. Now you are on the game screen. On the left you can see the points counters for your teams. On
the right, you see the spinner.
3. Before you starting playing, choose how you will ask your questions.
Team by team: The student teams take turns answering your ESL questions.
Free for all: When you ask a question, any team can answer. The team that answers first and correctly can spin the wheel
4. Now, let's play! Ask a question using either of the techniques above.
5. Choose a representative from the team that answered to come and spin the wheel. Let them tap it
a few times to get it really spinning.
6. The spinner will stop on a point value. Use the up arrow on the current team's point tracker to add
that many points to their total. The points added are in intervals of 10. If you add to many, you can
use the down arrow to subtract 10.
7. Play until you are ready to finish the game. Here are a couple of ways you might want to finish this
A team reaches a certain amount of points that you set ahead of time. A good amount could be 200 or 300 points. Let students know that the first team to get that many points wins.
The team that has the most points after X questions wins. X could be 10, 15, or even 20 questions.
8. Make sure to award the winning team with some sort of prize or points as a prize for doing a great
Mode 2: Trick or Treat
The trick or treat mode of this spinner wheel game is a bit of a free for all mode. The wheel has been divided into tricks (ghosts) and treats (candies). To play this mode, you can ask questions to your class and allow students to spin it. If the wheel lands on a candy, give them a treat. If it lands on a ghost, they don't get anything. You could ask the student another question and let them spin again if you like. Repeat this until they do earn a candy.
This can also be a fun warm up or wind down activity for your students.
1. Line your students up.
2. Ask a question or show a flashcard to the first student.
3. If the student answers the question or identifies the flashcard correctly, allow them to spin the wheel by touching it on your interactive whiteboard.
4. If the wheel lands on a candy, give that student a candy and they can sit down.
If the wheel lands on a ghost/trick, say 'BOO!' and chase them to the back of the line.
5. Repeat this process until all students have gotten a candy and are sitting.
(The 'boo' bit is optional, of course :D)
The student selector tool can help choose random students when doing any class activity...including these games! Check them out and enjoy!
Zombies continuously march upon the class in Zombie Swarm. They don't stop until your students win!
In Castle Wreckers 2 teams of students fire cannons to destroy castles. Also includes a full class mode.
Students help a roly poly bug bounce around and collect fruit in a 2-4 team game or a full class mode. Fun game made specially for interactive whiteboards.