Thanksgiving Spinner Wheel for the Interactive Whiteboard Download
Happy Everyday English Thanksgiving Class Spinner Game
Thanksgiving Spinner Game for Teachers
This is a Thanksgiving themed spinner game that you can use to add some extra fun to your holiday lesson. I created this spinner using Thanksgiving colors and related pictures.
This game includes two slightly different game wheels.
1. Just for Fun: This is a basic spinner and has only positive point additions to the team's total as they play.
2. Harsher Spinner: This wheel is mostly the same as the first one but it includes two -20 spots on the wheel.
Download the game wheel on the right. To find out how to play continue reading down below. You can also check out the no prep Thanksgiving lesson to go along with this spinner here.
Become a Patron today
Enjoy the content I make? Why not become a patron on Patreon! You get loads of cool bonuses and access to EVEN MORE content (and earlier) for the low low cost of a oh so good cup of coffee. Mmm. Coffee.
How to Play Thanksgiving Spinner ESL Game
In this game two to four teams of students compete to earn the most points by answering your questions and spinning the wheel. Here's how to play:
1. On the title screen, choose how many teams will play and then click the start button and what
kind of wheel you will use.
2. Now you are on the game screen. On the left you can see the points counters for your teams. On
the right, you see the spinner.
3. Before you starting playing, choose how you will ask your questions.
Team by team: The student teams take turns answering your ESL questions.
Free for all: When you ask a question, any team can answer. The team that answers first and correctly can spin the wheel
4. Now, let's play! Ask a question using either of the techniques above.
5. Choose a representative from the team that answered to come and spin the wheel. Let them tap it
a few times to get it really spinning.
6. The spinner will stop on a point value. Use the up arrow on the current team's point tracker to add
that many points to their total. The points added are in intervals of 10. If you add to many, you can
use the down arrow to subtract 10.
If you use the Harsher Spinner mode and the spinner lands on a negative point value, subtract
that many points from the current team's total. (An alternative way to use this space is that if the
current team is not in first place, you could allow them to subtract the points from the top team.
But if the current team IS the top team, it's subtracted from them instead).
7. Play until you are ready to finish the game. Here are a couple of ways you might want to finish this
A team reaches a certain amount of points that you set ahead of time. A good amount could be 200 or 300 points. Let students know that the first team to get that many points wins.
The team that has the most points after X questions wins. X could be 10, 15, or even 20 questions.
8. Make sure to award the winning team with some sort of prize or points as a prize for doing a great
Check out these other great games from Happy Everyday English.
Zombies continuously march upon the class in Zombie Swarm. They don't stop until your students win!
In Castle Wreckers 2 teams of students fire cannons to destroy castles. Also includes a full class mode.
Students help a roly poly bug bounce around and collect fruit in a 2-4 team game or a full class mode. Fun game made specially for interactive whiteboards.